grIMP (Brent Dove) is a Musician/Producer from Dallas, Texas and is one of the co-founders of Waxtooth Records. He has been been producing music since 1998. He has produced music for various bands, artists and projects including: BioGliphic, Hologram Dagger, Poindexter, Brenian Swift, Blunt Force Crew , Folium, Leaf, Cainam, and more.
grIMP approaches music production by incorporating the ‘bricolage’ mentality: using hardware to make original sounds not meant to be made, and combining samples into new soundscapes that allow the listener an unique modified perspective – yet keeping the sound concepts linear and progressive. An avid collector of sonic hardware, grIMP leans towards using hardware synths and drum machines and classic 8/16 bit computers and generally uses software as a way to structure the machines (insert robot-army joke here).
Hardware used by grIMP:
- Records – (samples)
- Akai Ax80 – (analog synth)
- Akai MPC 2500 – (sampling)
- Akai MPK 49 – (controller)
- Roland Gaia – (virtual analog)
- Roland Jp-8000 – (virtual analog)
- Roland sp-606 – (sampling)
- Roland Spd-s (sampling drum pad)
- Yamaha cs2x – (virtual analog)
- Yamaha Pss-140 – (fm Synth)
- Ensoniq Mirage – (8-bit analog sampling)
- casio sk-1 – (synth/sampling) original
- casio sk-1 – (synth/sampling) circuit bent ver.
- Commodore Amiga 500 – (16 bit sampling/sequencer)
- Commodore 64 – ( 8 bit synth/sequencer)
- Gameboy (DMG) – (8 bit synth/sequencer)
- Gameboy Advance – (8 bit synth/sequencer)
- Atari 800xl – (synth)
- Alesis Drum pad controller
Software used by grimp:
- Abelton live